On June 9th, 2022 at 2pm ET (11am PT), Dr. Paul Landsbergis (Principal Investigator – Healthy Work Toolkit) is participating in an NIEHS webinar called “Opioids and the Workplace, Risk Factors and Solutions.”
During this webinar, Paul and the other authors of a special issue of “New Solutions: A Journal of Environmental and Occupational Health Policy” will present on research that addresses the convergence of COVID-19 and the opioid crisis, high-risk occupations, and health inequalities in the workplace.
They will also share potential strategies to reduce the negative impact of workplace factors on the opioid crisis and reform punitive policies into supportive ones. These strategies include policy changes at the workplace, community, state, and federal levels to begin or expand interventions, as well as training, research, and funding opportunities.
• Jonathan Rosen, National Clearinghouse for Worker Safety and Health Training
• Paul Landsbergis, SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University
• Aurora Le, University of Michigan
• Rachel Cooper, National Stigma Initiative – Shatterproof
• Jodi Sugarman-Brozan, Massachusetts Coalition for Safety & Health
• Jerry Marcil, Connecticut Counseling & Wellness, Consultant to Operating Engineers International Union Local 478
This webinar is sponsored by NIEHS, NIOSH, and AIHA with support from the NIH Office of Disease Prevention.
To learn more about the event, check out this flyer: NIEHS NS Opioids Special Issue Webinar Series English 050522_508
To RSVP, visit: https://nih.zoomgov.com/webinar/register/WN_zOvObVYmRFeVjPHqWhhI-g.